Accounting with SchemeServe
Accounting with SchemeServe is simple. There are a number of reports built into SchemeServe for simple accounting, and options to export to other formats for import into your existing in-house accounts systems. The following topics will guide you through the various options available.
- When a SchemeServe Case changes from a 'Quotation' to 'On Cover' (i.e. becomes a Case) it immediately becomes due for payment.
- If you have set-up your Scheme to "Take Payment Automatically", payment is usually settled immediately.
- If on the other hand you prefer to invoice your customers, the outstanding balance will need to be settled by other means.
- In either case, as soon as a SchemeServe Case goes 'On Cover' you will be able to see it on the "Ledger - Debits" report.
- When payments are made by your customers, they will appear immediately on the "Ledger - Credits" report.
Reconciliation with In-House Accounting Software
- By exporting the "Ledger - Credits" and "Ledger - Debits" reports and importing them into your in-house system, you will be able to reconcile monies due and payments made.
- NB: It is important to note that payments for a Case/Policy will not always appear on the "Ledger - Credits" report in the same month that a corresponding Debit is listed on the "Ledger - Debits" report, depending on when balances are paid by your customers. Furthermore, there may often not be a corresponding exact match between the number of debits and credits for a given Case, even if the customer has paid up-to-date. In order to reconcile your accounts therefore, you will either need to A) check the balance of Cases on a Case by Case basis or B) regularly import month-end Ledger reports into a third-party accounting tool. For further information on this and other basic accounting concepts, please contact your company accounts department.
Reconciliation on a Case-by-Case Basis
- Via the Money tab on View Case it is possible to check the current balance of outstanding payments on any Case.
- A list of all Debits for the given Case are shown, and a list of all Card Payments and Direct Debit Payments.
- You can export a list of all transactions for the given Case in CSV format (for use with Microsoft Excel or your accounting software); just press the Export Transactions button.
- To take a one-off balance Card Payment for the given policy press Take Card Payment.
Generating Invoices, Thank-you Notes and Chase Letters/Emails
- To generate invoices, thank-you notes or chase letters with SchemeServe, you can create documents on the Documents tab for a given Case. Before you can select specific documents you will have to create them via the Document Editor.
- To set Invoices/receipts/thank-you notes to be sent automatically, you can use the Document Editor to mark them to auto-generate when any Case changes to a status of 'On Cover'.
- Alternatively, create account related documents with your in-house accounting package in PDF format and then upload to the Documents tab for a specific Case, which will allow you to permanently associate them with the appropriate policy.